Friday, June 4, 2010

Dr. Patrick Heron, author of The Return of the Antichrist - Part One of interview

Dr. Patrick Heron was born in Dublin in 1952. When he was 24 years old, he had a "Saul on the road to Damascus" type of epiphany while reading the Bible. Thus began his Christian walk. He became interested in Bible prophecy concerning the end times around 1996.

In 1997 his first book, Apocalypse Soon, was published and became a bestseller in Ireland. It entered the Irish bestsellers list after an interview with Gareth O'Callaghan, on RTE radio, who said he "read it in one sitting and was gripped." Another book, The Apocalypse Generation, was also a success.

There has recently been amazing interest in The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse, which Patrick believes is the first book ever proving who built the pyramids and why.

Patrick has a B.Sc. and M.A. in Business Studies from Trinity College, Dublin. He also holds a degree in Theology and recently received an Honorary Doctorate in Christian Literature from the California Pacific School of Theology, Glendale, California, as a result of the research done in his book, The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse (Kensington Publishing).

Dr. Heron is the Executive Producer of a TV special entitled Apocalypse and the End Times which is a Grizzly Adams production. This has been shown all over the United States and is currently available on DVD in stores nationwide.

Patrick owns and runs his own company in Dublin, Ireland, where he lives with his family. He is not associated with any particular church or denomination.


ksm: I have the great pleasure to welcome Dr. Patrick Heron here on Boston dreaming. Patrick is making waves across the US and Europe with his work on the Nephilim and what role they will play in the near future. Patrick, thank you for visiting us today, we are delighted to have the opportunity to chat with you for a bit. It’s a blessing to have you here. Our readers are excited to learn more about you and your work.

Patrick: Thank you for inviting me, Karen. The pleasure is all mine.


ksm: Please tell me a little about your first book and subsequent works.

Patrick: For the first 20 years of being a Christian, I knew little of End Times prophecy. I was told that it was not addressed to me. Of course, this is rubbish. Read the first verse in Revelation to see who it is intended for.

“The revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave unto him to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass and he sent and signified it by an angel unto his servant, John.” There are five different personages here; Jesus, God, servants, an angel and John. So Revelation is for his servants. If you are not one of them, then I guess it is not addressed to you. Revelation is the only book in the Bible where we are told that we are blessed if we read it and blessed if we hear it. So if you want to receive blessings from your Father, get reading and get hearing!

I got very excited when I read some books on prophecy. I wanted to make the information available to the ‘man-in-the-street’ as it were, so I wrote a short, snappy account of the prophecies and the signs that would precede them.

I managed to get on national radio in Ireland and the host said he “read the book in one sitting and was gripped”. The book went into the bestsellers after this. It was called Apocalypse Soon. A year later I wrote a longer version called The Apocalypse Generation. It did not do as well as they would not let me back on the radio. A couple of years later I started to research and write my third book entitled, The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse. Again I was not allowed on national radio here. After trying every trick in the book and knocking on many doors to try to get back on, I said to my wife; “If I was a one-legged, humped-backed transsexual drug-pushing pedophile murderer, I would have no problem getting on radio. But a Christian? No way. Too controversial.”

In 2005 I self-published this book in the States and then got invited on to Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell for a three hour interview. This is the biggest late night show in the world with about 7 million listeners and goes out from LA. The book shot to number one best-seller in the prophecy section of Amazon Books the next day and stayed there for almost two years. It sold over four thousand books in the week after that interview. It has continued to sell well and is a seminal work on the Nephilim or fallen angels, and on the mysteries of who built the Giza Pyramids and other ancient monuments around the world. A few folks have written and told me it is the best book they ever read and many non believers have come to salvation through the Word in this book. I am very proud of it and blessed that the Lord would allow me, a sinner, to write such a book.


ksm: That is quite a testimony. I have never read a book that has made such a profound change on my point of view. How did the concept for your writing come about?

Patrick: I visited many ancient sites and temples in Turkey and Greece while on holidays with my wife and three girls. I was interested in ancient buildings such as the pyramids of Giza and Mexico, the giant heads in Easter Island and the amazing temple of Ankhor Wat in Cambodia etc. I knew that these were not built by primitive humans using primitive tools. Indeed, architects and engineers today admit that, even with all the machines and technology we possess, we could not replicate the Great Pyramid. So I knew there was something else going on.

I also knew a little about the Nephilim of Genesis 6 from E.W. Bullinger’s Companion Bible. Also, I knew there was a huge appetite for information on these mysteries in the secular market (Fingerprints of the Gods sold 5.5 million copies and the author had no idea who built the pyramids). So I wanted to use the first half of The Nephilim to draw readers in talking about these ancient mysteries and who may have been behind them. Then in the second half I go into the Apocalypse and the End Times signs. Having frightened the life out of the reader with the horrific events that are to unfold, I then present the reader with the opportunity to avoid the coming wrath by gaining salvation through Jesus Christ. So many, I believe, have come to the Lord through this book. In fact, all my books are designed to lead folks to salvation. That is the whole motivation for my work. If we are not bringing people to the Lord, then what are we here for?


ksm: I want to mention that the Millenium Board is a specific forum that watches for End Times prophecies manifesting in the world. Some of these questions come from the good folks there. One of our readers wants to know how you see End Times topics affecting a Christian in his day to day walk with the Lord?

Patrick: It gets you to realize that the time is short and that very soon you will be looking Jesus in the eye and have to give an account of yourself. If you knew Jesus was coming to your house tomorrow at three for a visit, I reckon you would clean up your house, cut the grass and make the place ship-shape. The same applies to End Times studies. It gets you on-the-ball and hot for God. Besides that, it is really exciting material. The Book of Revelation still has many mysteries waiting to be unveiled. The information is chilling. It is our joy to be able to present this to folks who have ears to hear, and help save them from the wrath to come.

Also, it is pushing an open door to speak to secular people on this topic as many realize that the world is on a slippery slope. They can sense the straws in the wind from observing the news on TV and what is developing around the world. So having a knowledge of prophecy provides the answers to be able to share with those who are looking for hope. You will never be stuck for something to talk about with strangers as events in the world provide us with lots to discuss in terms of what’s coming down the tracks. Ordinary people are very scared and fearful of the future. There are no more absolutes any more. They fear for their children and how they might provide for them and if there will be any jobs and money going forward. So people are ready to listen and when you can show that all these things are written in the Word as signs of the coming Apocalypse, you have a captive audience. The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few.


ksm: Most people think that research is dry and dull. Did you feel this way in your initial research for this subject?

Patrick: Quite the opposite. It is rich and full and exhilarating and very few Christians are taught much about it. I think Revelation is the most exciting book in the Bible. And trying to unmask the secrets of Daniel and match these with those of the Apocalypse is a challenge which is very rewarding. We still don’t know what the mark of the beast is. And the only way we will get to understand these mysteries is if the Lord unveils them and reveals them to us. You cannot find them out by your intelligence. One must remain humble and ask and seek and knock. Then it is up to the Lord to open our eyes in His own time. It is because we are now in the Last Days that these secrets are being revealed as was prophesied in Daniel 12:8,9. Many of the topics in my books are quite novel. At least I never read them in any other book. So I am amazed that Jesus would grant me the honor to pass on this information as I am a wretch who is perhaps too fond of his Guinness! For instance, no one has ever before made the connection between the Great Pyramid of Giza and the coming city of God, the New Jerusalem. This is also prophesied in Isaiah 19:19, 20. But my book is the first ever to connect these dots and to show who built the pyramids and why.


ksm: That is extremely interesting! How has writing about the Nephilim affected you?

Patrick: Well all of the above I suppose. But something I have seen recently, and which motivated me to write my fourth book, The Return of the Antichrist, is that these guys are coming back to earth in great numbers. This has become very clear to me. One of the truths Jesus told us regarding the End Times was, ‘As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be’. Well the main thing that occurred in the days of Noah was the manifestation of the fallen angels on the earth, in the sight of man, in those bygone days. ‘As it was, so shall it be.’

The fallen angels from the time of the Flood are to be released into the earth again according to Revelation. 9. About the same time the rest of the rebel evil angels, along with Satan, will get the boot out of heaven where they still reside. You can read this in chapter 12 of Revelation. I am of the firm belief that these myriads of fallen angels will manifest on earth in the near future in full view of mankind. I even state in my eBook what two cities they will mostly infest. This information is provided in Revelation. This is why there is such proliferation of supernatural/spiritual/mystical/magical etc., movies and TV programs and books in our faces on a daily basis. The world is being conditioned and brain-washed in preparation for the manifestation of the fallen sons of God on this earth again. Look at the movies running at present in the theatres. They are mostly mystical and spiritual involving aliens, angels, extraterrestrials etc., etc. The Devil is preparing the masses for the coming invasion of these evil beings who will be led by the man John the Revelator calls, the beast who ascends out of the Abyss having seven heads and ten horns. I lay all this out in my eBook line by line. You will be amazed by the references to the USA in Revelation 17 and 18 also. It’s pretty radical material. Bottom line is; these guys are going to appear on earth in full view of the human race. The time is at hand.


This is the end of Part One.  Part Two will post tomorrow morning.  Please post any questions in the comment section here.  Keep in mind that Patrick is on Dublin time which is five hours ahead of us on the east coast in the US.  He may not get to them right away but he will check sometime this weekend.  Here are some additional links:
Patrick Heron's Website

The Return of the Antichrist, by Patrick Heron

YouTube of Dr. Heron talking about The Return of the Antichrist

YouTube of Dr. Heron talking about The Return of the Nephilim


Part Two of the interview tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing! I can't wait to read part 2 tomorrow! My husband knows much more about these things than I do. I've been looking for a good book to study on end times. I believe I have found one!
    I also like the fact that Patrick talks about our purpose being that of spreading the gospel. That is my belief. One can get caught up in these things and lose sight of that perspective.
    Thank you Patrick for sharing with Karen and ultimately, us.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your note here.