Saturday, April 17, 2010

Announcements!

A few weeks ago I started a job as an editor at MuseItUp Publishing. MuseItUp Publishing is an new e-publisher from Canada. It is owned and operated by Lea Schizas, famed for her online writing conference. She is an award winning author and a mentor to many writers. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with her, and my colleagues are each wonderful. Tres excellent! Please check out the website in my sidebar here.

The week after I started at MuseItUp, I received an author contract in the mail. My memoir story, An Invitation to Hope, will print in the Patchwork Path, A Christmas Stocking anthology, in October. A dream come true!

As many of you know, I’m working on several novels, non-fiction works, and short stories. I had an idea for another novel this week so I’m busy making notes, researching details, and dreaming in type again. The others are getting revised and edited and one is almost ready to submit; Primordial Sun, my NaNo novel last November. A few plot fixes and such and it will be on its way.

Does it feel good? No, it feels great! It’s sort of like giving birth. You wait forever it seems and all of a sudden, your little treasure is right there crying for attention and demanding to be fed. So enjoy the process to the birth and send me the announcement when your bundle of joy arrives!

Photo credit: Erica McGrath

9 comments:

  1. Karen, how wonderful! Congratulations-I am so happy for you and wish you oodles of success.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, Thank you and congrats to you, too, on your recent acceptance at MuseItUp Publishing. Way to go!

    Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS Karen! Wonderful news. Wishing you much success with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Susanne! And thanks for dropping by.

    Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul and Karen,

    Rules rules rules! It's supposed to be 3 sentences, then wait three people on the community story!

    I'm leaving your contributions up, because I love what they add. But make sure you stick to the rules!

    I'm also following this blog, because I love Boston and I'm starting to love you both. Glad I came here.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the follow. Sorry about the rules. I didn't read them carefully! Will wait and thanks for the heads up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Karen, on your new job and author contract! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on both your position with Lea and your story acceptance. I found you through Karen Cioffi's workshop today. I'm finding that I really need to be in the homeschool sector as my books are geared more for them than anything else. I've been through Boston but never really stayed or visited for any length of time (My father's family is from Maine and with us living in the south we had to go right up that way, through Hartford, CT, through Boston, MA, and on up through all the states in that area - lol well not RI or NJ necessarily (never been to RI but have been to NJ several times)) - anyway, it does feel great when everything seems to be coming together like it should. May you have many more successes. - E :)

    Elysabeth Eldering
    Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series
    STATE OF WILDERNESS, now available
    STATE OF QUARRIES, now available
    STATE OF RESERVATIONS, coming May 2010
    STATE OF ALTITUDE, coming May/June 2010

    Where will the adventure take you next?

    http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
    http://junior-geography-detective-squad.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elysabeth, I enjoyed Karen's class as well and thanks for finding me. Please send me info on your products for homeschoolers as I have a group of 24 families. We're always interested in new educational things. Thanks!

    morninggloryschool@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your note here.